Minnesota’s premier cohousing information source!
Twin Cities Cohousing Network (TCCN) is a charitable not-for-profit educational organization. The unpaid volunteers who give their time generously to maintain the organization believe that the development of cohousing communities can help us live better together.
TCCN’s mission is Education, outreach, and engagement with individuals, familIes, and organizations, to advance the development of high quality sustainable cohousing communities in the Greater Twin Cities area. We strive to achieve our mission through our aim, which is to publicize the cohousing model through awareness, education, and training and to apply the principles of the cohousing model with attention to self-determination, health, sustainability, empowerment, and social bonds of community.
As a part of its mission, TCCN’s activities may include (but are not limited to):
- sponsoring and co-sponsoring events
- helping people find cohousing communities and groups-in-formation that are open to new members
- gathering and disseminating information about cohousing and related concerns (e.g., energy-efficient construction designs)
- providing information about resources to assist cohousing communities to continue, once they have formed
- exploring ways and means for developing affordable cohousing alternatives for low and moderate income families and individuals
- educating about the concept of cohousing in the greater community, and with the media (social and earned), developers, builders, architects, government officials, nonprofit organizations, foundations, and other stakeholders
- networking with cohousing efforts around the state of Minnesota.
Our newest event:
- What’s up with cohousing in Minnesota?The Feb. 8 event features updates from groups working to create cohousing communities in Minnesota. Small breakout groups after the updates will allow viewers time to ask questions and engage with each other and our presenters.
Cohousing communities nourish and model healthy and sustainable families, neighborhoods, and individuals.Twin Cities Cohousing Network